Would you like to be part of an accelerating fintech scale up?
Fabrick, Europe’s leading Open-Finance ecosystem, is looking for an ambitious and proactive Product Owner to add the Platform Business Development team. This is a highly dynamic role spanning across development and product, with connections to sales, IT and customer success. As a Product Owner, you will be a critical member of the agile product development squad and will play an instrumental role in driving day to day development for products that redefine financial services.
Fabrick is growing fast and is implementing an increasingly agile mindset. Each squad is designed to feel like a mini startup and has a long-term mission such as building and improving Digital Products, creating Experience, scaling Operations. They sit together and they have all the skills and tools needed to design, develop, test and release to production. They are a self-organizing squad and decide their own way of working.
A squad does not have a formally appointed squad leader, but it does have a product owner. As the dedicated Product Owner of your squad, you are responsible for prioritizing the work to be done taking both business value and tech aspects into consideration. You collaborate with the product owners of other squads to maintain a high-level roadmap document that shows where Fabrick as a whole is heading and each product owner is responsible for maintaining a matching product backlog for their squad.
Key responsibilities will include leading customer scoping discussions, prioritizing scrum stories and sprints, customer reviews and owning product support. Close collaboration with compliance team for all projects that involve compliance-related activities will be critical.
- Work with various partners to understand business value, market context and customer problems;
- Document requirements for upcoming product releases, write user stories and acceptance criteria;
- Build, prioritize, monitor, and maintain the squad Backlog, prioritizing stories for each sprint;
- Develop deep product knowledge and share subject matter expertise with squad explaining product vision and user stories to the team to ensure requirements are understood and customer value is delivered;
- Validate and approve that stories meet acceptance criteria and are complete;
- Apply agile knowledge to identify, escalate, and remove squad impediments that jeopardize sprint goals;
- Influence project squad members to identify and address project issues, including leadership and interdependent teams, and promote self-directed teams by enabling open, transparent and clear communications;
- Provide product support through training, documentation, and investigation/coordination of reported issues and improvement requests;
- Raise to Management if there is a need to rescope based on squad output and timelines;
- Collaborate with compliance team to analyze and identify opportunities to improve current processes and work with IT team to ensure we are working efficiently and effectively;
- Craft internal and external communications around features, including release notes;
- Support product rollouts.
- Master’s Degree in STEM
- 1 – 3 years working as Product Owner, Business Analyst or Product Manager in digital space
- Good knowledge of Italian and English, any other language will be considered as a plus
- Knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in Lean-Agile development;
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors);
- Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources;
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills;
- Ability to interface with various internal corporate functions, especially compliance, knowing how to balance the needs of the business with constraints imposed by the reference regulation;
- Accurate and precise attention to detail;
- Ability to influence through persuasion and consensus building;
- Strong desire for continuous learning and improvement.
Primary Location: Milan